Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I want to be young again!

A student of mine wrote me the following e-mail after she had discovered that I was blogging:
Hello Mr Low,
wah! blogging sia.
very good.
now i got one more blog to stalk, haha.
must update regularly ok.
((:
take care and see you around!
hehe
Her e-mail made my day for I felt very encouraged. I also envied her writing style. I could never write like that, so high in spirit and full of youthfulness. Just interacting with the youth made me felt young at heart.
That reminded me of another Thank You note that I received some time back. I liked it so much that I re-used it wholesale (with her knowledge) in the ECE MAG 2008.
To Mr Low!
Yo!!! Thank you everything that you have planned for us. Max out oh! Haha.
My paraphrase:
Recently, I received a thank you letter from a student. She ended the note with these words, “Max out oh! Haha.” I liked it for it summed up the vitality of your generation. As much it was for me, now I said it to you, “Max out oh! Haha.”

No comments: