Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Children say the darnest things

After a family dinner at NP Alumni, I wanted to show the children the Alumni swimming pool. As we walk past the "Halo Bar", my eldest son looked at the sign and said, "Where angels indulge in sinful pleasure".

This year, we celebrate our birthdays by country. I chose Hong Kong. Being a Cantonese, I have a natural affinity for Hong Kong food and I was all praises at the table. My son just had to rub it in, "Hunger compliments the worst dish". (He was trying to remind me the long wait before we were seated)

On another occasion, we were talking about war and terrorism. The same son suddenly quoted in Latin: "Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"("It is sweet and proper to die for one's country" in English).

2 comments:

Murray said...

I'm impressed with this son of yours!

Low Chee Kin said...

Dear Zac,
My son was beside himself with joy over your comment. That reminded me to be more generous when affirming my children/students. They deserved it.