Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ip Man

After watching the movie, Ip Man, I said, “I enjoyed the movie.”
My eldest son retorted, “But there is no quotable quote.”
I replied, “Well, I liked it when he said, ‘There is no such thing as being afraid of one’s wife, only RESPECT.’”
The next day, I suddenly recalled a funny exercise (a physical exercise for the physically challenged) my wife taught us. It so happened that this son was just beside me. I asked him to do the exercise. He promptly followed my instructions which was quite unusual given his character. It was so funny to see a lanky fellow like him doing that exercise but I had had to put up a straight face.
At the fourteen count (my wife said that the exercise is to be repeated fourteen times), my son sprang up to me, our faces almost touching each other and said cheekily, “There is no such thing as being afraid of my father, only RESPECT.”
Both of us broke into spontaneous laughter.

2 comments:

Wei Kang low said...

Boohoo u did not let me watch. Wah :(

Low Chee Kin said...

I didn't realize you were not with us that night. You can still watch it some other time.