Wednesday, February 4, 2009

We are like the shrimps

Every weekend, I will suck out a pail of water from my aquarium and replenish it with fresh water. Among the aquarium inhabitants are some shrimps, no longer than 1 inch when fully grown. In the process of sucking out the dirty water, I will inevitably suck out some baby shrimps which can be as tiny as 1 mm in length. This follows by the tedious process of catching them back to the aquarium. They cannot be caught with normal fishing net as they are too small. We use plastic cup to scoop them in. But it still strains my eyes and back to get them.
One day, when I was struggling to “save” the baby shrimps, my eldest boy came up to me. Looking over my shoulder, he said, “We are liked the shrimps.”
“Uh? What say you?” I thought. I had wanted to protest but knowing better, I bit my tongue and listened him out. He continued, “There you are, trying to save them but they happily run away. We are also like that, God wants to save us but we choose to run away.”

No comments: