Monday, February 23, 2009

Chasing Daylight

I just finished reading a book called 'Chasing Daylight' by Eugene O'Kelly. I would rate it as one of the best books that I have ever read. Before reading it, my preferred way to pass on was to die suddenly while reading, sleeping, jogging or even swimming. Now, I think O’Kelly’s death is even more blessed. His ‘death sentence’ enabled him to have proper closure with first his acquaintance, then colleagues, then friends and finally his family members. He was doubly blessed because he had his wife and children beside him and he did not suffer much pain even right up to his end.
We have lots to learn from him. He took his mentor role very seriously and everyone who read his book became his mentee. He did not give up easily either. The fact that he succeed in entering the alternate state of consciousness despite many failed attempts suggested that he was a very determined man.
I even found an answer to my wife’s complaint when I was courting her. That was 16 long years.

No comments: