Thursday, November 27, 2008

#5a Red Sky

Flickr picture by JulioC.
Thing 5a: Write a blog post about an image in Flickr. Include the image in your post.
I liked this picture as it reminded me of my times in England. It was the first time I saw a sky that red. I was washing the dishes when I noticed everything around me was red in color. I stopped whatever I was doing and walked out of the house to soak in the atmosphere.
I tried in vain to capture what I saw so that I can share my experience but my poor photography skill failed me. I kept thinking of what I read in the "Journey to the West" where the monk and his disciples came across a land with scorching volcanoes. He described scene as he lifted up his head: miles and miles of crimson red sky. On that day, I saw what he must have seen.

No comments: