Thursday, June 6, 2013

The power of Yoga

My running speed and stamina have been declining over the years. From my youth where I chased 2.4 km under 9 min (never succeed) to struggling just to go under 10 min and before I knew it, I was even happy when I could clock under 11 and then 12.
After the last campus run, I noticed I slowed down significantly. I have to seriously push myself just to go under 13 min. I even began to accept it as part of my aging. Recently and for the first time, I was able to reverse the decline. My secret? Yoga.
At my wife’s urging, I signed up for a Yoga class with her. The package is not cheap and I struggled. I realized that I did not practice what I preached. I always say beside God, my health and my relationship with my wife takes precedence over all others. But in real life, I put money ahead of them.
Ever since the first Yoga class, I have not regretted the decision. I fall in love with my wife all over again and I am courting her every day.  Now I am back to challenging the 12 min barrier and spending time with my wife. It is money well spent.

No comments: