Sunday, May 18, 2014

Appreciative Community

Bonfire Night
The show is on!
I'll show you how.
I performed a simple magic show for the locals at the closing ceremony. I told them, “I do this for my nieces and nephews during family gatherings. Today you are all my nieces and nephews.” 
I could hear grasps from the audience when the translator finished his translation. They were so happy just to hear that we are somehow related and connected.
I continued, “My nieces and nephews usually sit around me when I perform the tricks. But today you are sitting very far from me. This is going to be difficult but I will do my best.”
They cheered loudly at my effort never mind the outcome. This is the general feeling we get when we interact with the community be it overseas or local. This tells me that we are doing the right thing.

No comments: