Monday, March 8, 2010

Wisdom Tooth Extraction

I had this throttling pain in my right upper wisdom tooth for about a month now.  After 2 visits to the dentists, the pain persisted.  I prepared myself for the worst – tooth extraction.  I had pain killer last few days otherwise I cannot sleep or consume my meals.
Before going to the dentist, I intentionally took a pain killer an hour before to make sure I don’t have to suffer so much.   But this turned out to be a bad mistake.  The pain killer messed up the dentisit diagnosis because it masked out the sensation at the tooth.  The dentist was not 100% sure which tooth to extract.  She needed to guess.
I learned my lesson – let the professions do their work.  The dentist was very professional:  she used a numbing gel to mask out the pain of the injection.  At the end, all I felt was some pressure on my jaw and the throttling pain was gone!

No comments: