Saturday, April 4, 2009

Embedded pipe

As part of my duty, I was given the opportunity to stay at the Loft@94, a student apartment with condominium facilities for 4 days with a few of my colleagues. On the first night, I was kept awoke by an intermittent yet resonating noise. At first, I thought it was a motor cycle at the car park and it would go away soon. But it persisted and persisted. After tossing in the bed for what seems like eternity, I got up and checked with my other roommates.
The reason for the noise was we shared a common wall and the water pipe was embedded in the wall. When he bath, the pipe vibrated and the noise was trapped in my closed room. On top of that, we were on the second storey; the water pressure was maintained by a pump instead of water tank on the top floor. When water flow, the pump was activated causing the noise I thought was from a motorcycle.
I only got to sleep after my colleague finished bathing, which was close to 1 am.

No comments: